The U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Gym Modernization project included the interior alterations of approximately 85,000 SF to A and B levels of a five-level occupied higher education athletic complex.
The scope of work includes a complete demolition and renovation of:
- Locker rooms with the addition of over 1,400 new lockers, new showers, new steam room, new sauna, and new therapy pools
- Renovations to the polo pool
- New diver training and rock climbing walls
- New human performance lab complete with hydrostatic weighing equipment, vision testing, and aerobic testing equipment
- New structural glazed masonry walls
- New upgraded finishes throughout
- New fire suppression system
- New mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Infill of existing racquetball court. Scope included demolition of 10 courts. Each court wall was 12” thick of cast in place concrete.
Building remained occupied and functional during construction.
U.S. Air Force Academy
Colorado Springs, CO